Sunday, October 24, 2010

Park & ScArECrOw RoW

We met some preschool friends at the park Thursday after school and I couldn't believe how well the boys played with the other three boys.

I just got to sit back and watch and visit with another mom. I remember a friend in Florida telling me a couple of years ago that she felt like she "had arrived" as a mother when she could sit back at the playground and just watch all the action happening. All I could think is they are getting so big.
Here is J being "chased" by "sharks" around the park.

The weather was AMAZING and I am glad we took the chance to drink it in because it turned cold and rainy the very next day. In fact, the weather is forecasting a chance of SNOW showers on Monday!!
But we braved the windy and verrry cloudy and wet weather for a costume parade and Trick or Treating downtown on Saturday. Due to the chance of lots of rain, we put the boys back in their "Arggh Pirates" costumes so their homemade painted cardboard costumes didn't get destroyed.

Trick or Treating at the shops downtown:

Check out the cutie cutie pumpkin...oh those dimples!
Their T or T partners:
Heading out after getting a balloon of course.

It was fun, crowded and a little chilly...but the rain held out until the evening. I have to mention "Star Wars" team that was there. Their costumes were amazing. I have to say...I am not a Star Wars person but the Storm Troopers and Chewbacca's (please excuse any name misspellings) costumes-WOW. "Chewy" looked like he stepped right out of the movie.


Here is W watching the Star Wars characters pose for pictures with kids. Oh, I wish I knew what he was thinking.
Their group made an R2D2 scarecrow for the scarecrow competition. I must say it was pretty cute.
And finally, I started baking our favorite chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe...the first four loaves for some new neighbors and the boys' teachers....then two more with egg replacement for the boys (they were just as yummy by the way) and now some more baking today!
Fall is here!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Looks like you guys are having so much fun there! I miss you all. The boys ARE so big...time for another one :) I'd love that pumpkin bread recipe (although they are out of pumpkin here....)

pheather said...

Looks like fun! Those pirate costumes are so awesome. It's so great that the boys got to wear them so many times. They looked really cute in them! I actually drove downtown on Saturday but did not have the energy to get the boys out and haul them around by myself. Plus, I REALLY don't need extra candy around! The Star Wars people were great!! Thanks for sharing all the pics!

TW said...

You are too amazing! I had my girls put on their favorite dresses and then gave them a wand and a crown (from 3 years ago for a friend's princess party). You totally outdo me every year. I have a pumpkin cookie, pumpkin muffin, and fumpkin bar recipe, but not a pumpkin bread, so ya wanna share?? especially when you're able to get them to rise up so high? (My quick breads usually fall)

AFJ said...

Amber and Theresa,
It is chocolate chip pumpkin bread from Cooking Light (I just googled that and the link comes up). You will know you have the right one because it has vanilla pudding in it. It is the BEST.