Saturday, October 30, 2010

tHe MaKiNg of GoRdOn aNd HeNrY

The boys have been a bee and a pumpkin:


*All I remember is how hard it was to get them both outside for a picture...then I couldn't get a picture together without at least one crying...notice how they took turns above.
They have been scarecrows:

Pirates:

And trains:

They had so much fun as trains last year...that the boys decided to be trains again...but they chose different trains. BIGGER trains...Henry and Gordon. My friend Heather's boys are going to be Thomas and Toby so we thought it would be fun if all the boys were trains.
We found two great long boxes at Costco.
Then Geoff was creative at folding the boxes to make them angled a little bit.
Then came the fittings.



The painting:

More fittings:
The assembling and decorating:
More assembling and decorating:

Almost done! Here is Henry's glued face drying:

And while the boys woke up and saw this:
I saw this:

Those faces made it so worth it!
Getting a better look at the finished products:

Time to get dressed! Here are our little engineers sitting next to Gordon (blue) and Henry (green):

They are so much taller this year! My brother's old overalls were HUGE on them last year and fit just right this year. And my old overalls were a tad small on them last year...and didn't fit this year...so I bought a pair at Goodwill.
Trying to get a picture with one of my little train engineers:

Ready to get some candy!

Lining up with their friend Thomas (so so cute):

For some strange reason, J decided to use Gordon to "fire" at everyone...hmmm...maybe no more helicopter IPAD games....
W ready for Henry to be in the car. And to eat some candy.
Back to the roundhouse!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

AWESOME! Those are some great costumes! And some great smiles :)

I love the J & W pumpkins by the way. Cute idea!