Our sweet girls. They are best friends and partners in crime. We adopted them from a shelter in Mountain Home, Idaho in 2004. First Katy, then Bear just three days later. They are both 6 1/2 years old. We named Bear...but Katy was already named. We didn't like the name for her at all at first...but it has worked for her. She is such a tomboy that most people always assume she is a boy.
We have lots of nicknames for Katy though...
Loves: food, running, playing ball and keep away, nibbling on people's faces, small animals of all kinds.
She loves to jump up in the air to catch balls (especially the plastic squeaky-kind)...I caught this photo of her just as she caught the ball the other day:
She loves to jump up in the air to catch balls (especially the plastic squeaky-kind)...I caught this photo of her just as she caught the ball the other day:
She has trouble letting go of the ball though. Geoff and I can get her to let go if we hold her collar. Then she drops it. So I told the boys to do that because they get frustrated that she won't let it go. But she has their number. She knows that she still outweighs them by about 30 lbs. W tried and tried to get her to let go of the ball the other day.
Let gooooo!
But no luck.
This picture looks photo-shopped. Because of the angle she looks HUGE.
They love going on runs. Katy and Bear each have their side on the stroller. Katy on the left and Bear on the right. They don't get to go on as many runs as they used to...and they let me know it. If they see the boys and I heading up the hill with the stroller (even if we aren't going running)...they actually start howling...and I can hear the howling all.the.way.up.
FAvORiTe thing. Belly rubs. All day long. Belly rubs.
Can you see all the cotton-looking hair on the grass. Our yard is COVERED when Geoff brushes the girls. We should really go into the pillow-stuffing business. Katy is even worse. They have to pretty much live outside because the boys are still allergic to dogs.
Bear thinks she is the alpha dog. But I am not sure. She also love to eat. And she loves to keep Katy away from playing ball or playing keep away.
Katy and Bear enjoy the wildlife here. They have become intimate friends with skunks...and they like to bark at the jack rabbits and foxes. And recently, there have been more deer in the area. Two days ago I looked out the window at sunset and spotted a fox leaping to catch something. And not far away from the fox were two large mule deer. Katy and Bear finally spotted them and sprinted off the deck and down the yard barking. The deer just stopped what they were doing. Look at Katy and Bear for a bit. Then continued to nibble on the grass (or whatever they are eating) completely unphased.

No comments:
Post a Comment