Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What we've been UP to.....

We took advantage of the beautiful weather this past weekend and let the boys run amuck at the park...and then hiked through some frisbee golf holes. W was really getting into it. J was perfectly content just to carry his toys but he also threw the frisbee a few times.
Some action shots of frisbee golf:

Some park shots (from the past week):
We have stayed busy with just settling into our house and keeping up with day to day stuff. I am amazed how several days just soar by and I don't feel like I accomplish very much. Is it really May?! We are almost halfway to Christmas already? Moving definitely expedites time.
I did finally take a camera class the past two Saturdays and now know how much I have been missing out on my camera. I should have taken one when I got my camera three years ago! My camera was passed around class as an example of a really dirty lens. Great. The instructor was nice enough to clean it for me. And it wasn't just the lens surface that was dirty...some of my pictures (enlarged on an overhead projector) showcased the SAND that was stuck in my camera. So I am relishing how much clearer my photos look after a good cleaning!
Clean lens:
Here is one of the assignment pictures...I was trying to show the diagonal rule and the leading lines rule in one picture:
A couple of updates...Katy and Bear still smell like skunk but just when you get right next to them. It is amazing how the smell just seeps out of their faces! I never thought I would long for their normal dog smell.
Bear during one of her four baths:
Katy after bath number 5? Or maybe 6?:
And as for my neck, we are still in a wait-and-see mode right now. It feels so much better after taking the oral steroids. And I have been told not to rush into the shot. I am scheduled for the injection on 1 June...just based on my referral. So I will keep it for now...and see if I should cancel or move it as it gets closer. Apparently, the fragment extruded is fairly large...so no telling what the future will hold. Looks like surgery will be in my future...but holding that off as long as possible is the goal for now. Here is one of the MRI images to just show a general view...can you see the fragment?

And finally, for the landscaping. The weekday weather has really delayed the project, BUT looky what arrived today:
SOD! Lots and lots of SOD! Now for the fun stuff. Will post more pictures of the progress soon.
Bye!

1 comment:

Mindi said...

Wow, you really can see the fragment in your MRI (if I'm looking at the right thing). Hope you continue to get relief without having to get the shots. Looks like the boys really had fun playing around at the park!