Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Can't Believe It...

So the last time I worked on the couch...it looked like this:
With about 50% of the ink left. I was dreading the top where W had warmed up with the pen and his marks were noticeable darker. Well, late this afternoon I went and did a little more work with Walmart's version of Windex and when I stopped the ink marks were lighter but definitely more noticeable.

I just went over to do another round and it was gone! All marks completely gone. I.am.amazed. In fact, I think I probably could have sprayed the stuff on and it would have evaporated. God sure taught me a lesson - I am so glad I didn't explode and lose it over this couch. Because right now it looks as good as new.



Awww, back to enjoying our couch.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I would have lost it. In fact I have! The marks came out, but they still heard what I had to say about crayons and furniture. :)

The Nicholsons said...

Wow! When I first saw the damage I thought there was no way it would come out. I'm so glad it worked! Last summer when we were in a TLF in DC, Jude wrote all over one of the kitchen chair cushions. We ended up paying $90 because of it, if only we had known about windex :)

Lisa G said...

I can't believe it either and what a great response from you! PB was really great, at first, keeping us posted on what went wrong with the couch, but then we noticed our credit card had been credited and never heard from them again. I kept calling and getting a different person everytime and it was so frustrating. We're getting one from a company called Arhaus. Hopefully it'll work out! Enjoy the couch!

Unknown said...

You are a way better woman than I!

Amber said...

Awesome! It is so great that God blessed you for making a good parenting choice! You're a great mama!

Alexis said...

Whew! When I read your post about the damage my jaw dropped. Love the new furniture, and congrats on keeping your cool. I don't think I could have pulled that off.