Due to buying a house and acquiring the very long list of things that come with buying a new house: mailbox (check), landscaping (in our case), window treatments (for a lot of windows-big big windows), gutters, insurance, bills, etc. we are trying to cut corners whereever possible.
We are doing things like maximizing the library for books and magazines, forgoing cable for using hulu.com on the internet to watch shows right now and trying to priortize what we really need vs. what we want. We ask everywhere possible for military discounts and this town is great for that. They really support the military here. In fact, I previously posted the story about the lady at Walmart paying for Geoff's groceries one day when he was in uniform. To add to that, we just received a postcard in the mail stating that we needed to register our dogs...and since we didn't we had a late fee attached as well. We didn't even know we had to do that. So when Geoff just went to pay it...she waived the late fee and only charged the renewal rate vs. the initial rate. SO nice. I think it's because there isn't a large military presence here. So when someone sees someone in the military, it seems as if they go out of their way to thank them.
As for the point of this blog...we decided it was time to learn to cut the boys' hair ourselves. I did it for a long time with scissors when they were smaller...but I couldn't get the clean look around the ears and at the back of their neck without clippers. So Geoff just bought some fancy ones and I told J and W:
"Mommy and Daddy are going to try to cut your hair because these clippers were the same price as one haircut for both of you."
And J promptly shouted:
"We get candy when we get a haircut. I want the candy."
Silly Billy. =)
3 comments:
That's funny =)We attempted buying clippers and cutting Jude's hair ourselvels last year. Matt and I have NO skills when it comes to cutting hair so it didn't work out in our case! Jude had a really bad haircut for a while. Good luck!
Do we get to see pictures of the haircut? Good luck with the cutting!
We've been cutting Michael's hair his whole life because our one trip to the salon was a disaster. We find that a cartoon and a lollipop as a special treat keep Michael still, and he sits on my lap while Paul cuts. Baths for everyone immediately after because the hair gets everywhere! Plus, it makes Paul and I happy to think about how much money we've saved...we call the clippers our smartest purchase ever!
Post a Comment