Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Paint Results...

We had a nice long Memorial Day weekend. We didn't plan anything big because we have so many house projects to do...and we are never going to get them done if we don't just take turns watching the boys and focusing on them. I finally solved the paint predicament...it took several trips to Home Depot and several samples to find a color:


I liked all of the samples I picked-especially paired up with white. But our house has a shortbread-buttery yellow color in it with even darker trim so the colors I liked didn't look good in our house...so we had to pick something that worked well with a "yellow-ish" color. I chose Artisan Tan from Sherwin-Williams and had it color-matched at HD. It wasn't my favorite on the swatch but it looked the best on our walls.
Here I am painting around furniture and pictures:

C'mon...everyone does it this way right? SO much faster....
Just kidding. I did remove all objects from the wall and painted. Final result...I love it...it is a subtle change but the room feels warmer and bigger to me!
Geoff was able to finish staining our old desk...and we got some more furniture arranged. I love our house but it is hard to arrange. We have a three-tiered wall in our family room that is quite a challenge to work around. After several arrangements I think we almost have it how we like it. Will post pictures when we get our pictures on the wall!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

It looks great, and you put everything back where it started. I am super impressed that you would want to finish 100% of your project. Isn't it better to leave the trim off for a year or two, or lean the pics against the wall on the floor for a few weeks???