If I am holding A and open any door that leads to the outside of our house, then return back in, she starts squealing and shrieking. Let's say I open the door and go out to get something from the car and come right back inside; she is not happy. I think she likes our little outings. She is getting used to our short drive to school to drop the boys off. She gets really excited when she sees all the kids at school. When I open that side door and reach in to get her she gives me a smile and reaches her arms out quickly while looking around (as if she is thinking...what new adventure are we on? where are we today? let's go explore!). Yesterday I drove "over the hill" to go shopping. She goes to sleep (for most of the drive - it takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes to get to Target) then when I get her out of the car we are in a completely different city with lots of new things to look at. That's pretty exciting to me! I wish I could go to sleep sometimes and wake up at Target! Ha!
*side note* While I was loading pics for this post I found this one and had to add it. She is giving me an awry grin.
One of our first walks with everyone. It was cool this day and A did not even resist the blanket I put on her. She awake and really enjoyed the walk. I think she loves being able to face forward and see what's coming.

Some dinosaurs hitching a ride...good thing we have extra space. :)
The first part of our walk is the toughest...getting up the steep hill to the top!
The view behind us (facing south).
Just up the street from our house. The terrain is desert-like where we live.
I just love this pic of J. I love this kid. I have to admit he has been mighty feisty lately. He is very opinionated on what he is wearing, where we are going, etc. He refuses to wear jeans right now for some reason. He wore these shorts (no snaps or zippers) and athletic shorts all summer and is now enforcing a full-force rebellion on things he doesn't like.
At our turn-around point on our walk. W has also been "strong-willed" since school started. I don't know if it is because he is so tired from the long days or because he is just away from home so much but he will get so upset at certain things. Most days we have an a.m. battle about going to school. They miss having time at home to play. We hate to take them anywhere on the weekends bc they just want to stay home and play and build and create that they have missed doing all week. So we are praying that the transitions gets easier for them and that they have an abundance of patience-Geoff and I need prayers for that too!
No comments:
Post a Comment