Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mighty Kites and Yoga Treats


The boys had a kite-making day at school yesterday...then caravaned over to the park to fly their kites and have a picnic lunch. The weather was amazing and I was impressed with their little kites. They flew great! I love that they used recycled stuff to make them too...

My camera wasn't functioning well...hardly any of my pictures were clear and my camera is dirty too. I could see speckles in my pictures on the blue sky...I thought they would be great when I took them, but when I zoom in most of the pics are a bit blurry. But still fun nonetheless.



I was late arriving due to my yoga class and wasn't sure what part of the park their class would be in. I was smiling when I saw a bunch of little people all standing their watching their kites fly.

And my "yoga friends" are so thoughtful. I thought it was my birthday or something the last two days...one friend brought me these little "After Shower Lotion Stars" that you rub on your belly after taking a shower to moisturize your skin and help with any pregnancy "itchiness" (they got a little messy lugged around in my yoga bag):


Then the next morning my friend brought in the cutest little note pad from a store I have been wanting to go to:



and another friend brought me a couple of all natural Arbonne candles. So nice!



Speaking of gifts, does anyone have any suggestions for gifts for teachers? I would like to get something for the boys' preschool teachers for the end of the year. I am new at this...what do teachers appreciate? Gift cards?

1 comment:

Mindi said...

How fun! Teachers definitely appreciate gift cards rather than knick-knacks (they are very sweet, too, but we get over-run with them pretty quickly). Another idea is personalized stationary/cards - Steph Hawkins makes some gorgeous ones!