Thursday, September 9, 2010

Shots

Our first week of September was all about shots. First we had the allergy testing...followed two days later with a 4-year well baby check. The pediatrician's office told me on the phone when I made the appointment "four for four" in regards for shots. Four shots when they turn four. It actually ended up being five separate shots. Liar. :)

And the boys fought...whoa. My heart broke listening to W (who went first) and then broke a little more when I saw poor J's face during W's shots. He could only anticipate the worst by the sound of the howls coming from W. The nurse said that they were the strongest four year olds she has had. She must have discounted their strength due to their size. She even apologized in case they have any bruising because she (and Geoff) had to press down on their thighs kind of hard to get the shots in.

Small but mighty I guess....their latest stats:

J: 33 lbs (35th percentile)
39 inches (25th percentile)

W: 33 lbs (35th percentile)
38 ¼ (10th percentile)

They both were 32 lbs six months ago and 37 ½ inches and W was 36 ½ inches....so they are stretching out! I thought their pants and shirts were getting shorter.

But my mom's timing was perfect with the Fisher Price medical kit...being that they just were at the doctor the day before. J and W had "share day" today at preschool and J took the stethoscope and W took the shot with vaccine. When I picked them up the teacher said "we all got shots today!" :)

My parents also brought the boys little golf clubs and bag.

2 comments:

Stephanie Coyne said...

4 year old shots are. the. worst. and you had to do it times two. UGH.

Leslie said...

I agree. The four year old shots were the hardest! At least they don't need vaccines again until they're like 11. (at least that's what the nurse told me...let's hope she's right!) Imagine pinning them down at that age!