A local antique store had this amazing Halloween set-up that I had to copy! It was a great branchy tree with crows and spiders, etc. I wanted to buy the "tree" but it wasn't for sale. The decorator at the store told me exactly how to do it. And that it is "very easy" to make. So I enlisted my good friend Heather because 1. she is very fun 2. she is much more talented at crafty, home projects than I am and will ever be) and 3. who wants to go into the woods with a hand saw alone? :)

We had fun with our first Halloween decorating project! So excited that it is October already!
So we picked up some Starbucks (for extra energy) and headed off into the woods. Did I mention that Heather is pregnant? And it was hot? And the branches required a little bit of effort to cut down with a hand saw...I feel kind of bad now that I made her come with me!
But it was a good thing I did because eagle-eye Heather spotted the bushes right away and we were able to get some branches. Just a few...
Seeing what it would like on the table:
I was being very conservative when I trimmed becauseI was afraid I would take too much off.
So I kept trimming...and trimming...even while the boys were "trimming" the tree with the fun decorations we found.
And bats!
And skeletons...spooky....
We had fun with our first Halloween decorating project! So excited that it is October already!
5 comments:
Love it! Great work!
That is so cute!! Where did you get the pail? Now...if I could just find a tree out here...guess I might have to archive this one for when we're back East!
Hey Mindi!
I found the pail at an antique store for about 10 bucks. Probably less expensive to buy a pail and paint what you want on it. The store that had the tree though just had it in a terra cotta pot and they had some black fabric over the base.
Such a fun project! I love holiday decorating...time to dig into the attic for our Halloweeny thingies! I think your tree is adorable :)
So crafty! Will you make me one for the center. I'll buy it.
Post a Comment