Friday, September 10, 2010

Ashland

We decided to visit Ashland today since we have never been before. Supposedly it is not very far--but it felt like a long drive. We went on a very curvy crazy road on the way there and had to stop half way just to let W run around outside because he said "my belly hurts"...so we put.on.the.brakes. We want none of that happening in the van at the start of our day. Geoff discovered these MONSTER pine cones when we stopped...
J with the pine cone:

And W:
Just for the record, I did not ask the boys to both hold the pinecone in their right hand and look down at it just so...it just happened that way. I promise.

We ate lunch at a local brewery...and it was so Ashland...most restaurants seem to feature all natural, local grown, organic, etc. food. We ordered sweet potato curry fries...and Geoff had to ask the waitress for ketchup...she brought us two little bowls of their "homemade ketchup without corn syrup, artificial flavors, fructose..." It tasted a little more like tomato juice to me...but thicker. I am all for all natural...but I would have to get used to that ketchup.
At the brewery:

Then we browsed some local stores (they have LOTS), ate gelato and sorbet:


...went to Lithia park

Here is J moments before sliding on a rock and falling in the water:


we checked out the Shakespeare Theatre...no time for a show today but maybe next time...
...and then went to the Science Works science center. My dad asked "do you have a military discount?" And they said "yes...it's free for you." What?! It would have been around $40 for all of us but they let us in completely free. Love that.
My parents having trouble figuring out an exhibit in the "children's museum" and my dad said "I am not smarter than a 5th grader."
Giant bubbles:




Then we decided to drive home on another route...the road was better but it still took us longer than I thought it would. We stopped at Taco Time by our house to grab the boys some bean burritos for dinner and here they are eating with their "kids toy" on.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

So much fun in that post! The boys are adorable :) I wish we had giant bubble makers around here somewhere...

Alexis said...

Love the contrast, from Ashland brewery to Klamath Taco Time. We went to Ashland Saturday too. Found a new favorite restaurant, Willy's Pasta. Yummy, organic pasta and salads with tons of stuff.