My posts seem to come in waves lately. Lots then nots.

We drove down through Malibu and Venice Beach on the way to LA to pick up Aunt JJ. She happened to have an overnight in LA. So we picked her up and drug her with us to Knott's Berry Farm amusement park for a late afternoon race around the park to go on the most rides possible. They had a great section of kid rides in Camp Snoopy. Aunt JJ with W:
We just returned from a week in Oxnard, CA where we tagged along on a work trip with Geoff. We stayed at a resort right on the beach. The weather was a little cool for the beach and the pool but we still did it (with goose bumps and blue lips but whatever)...
There was a great Pirate park right by our hotel that the boys and I played at while Geoff did some work.
We drove down through Malibu and Venice Beach on the way to LA to pick up Aunt JJ. She happened to have an overnight in LA. So we picked her up and drug her with us to Knott's Berry Farm amusement park for a late afternoon race around the park to go on the most rides possible. They had a great section of kid rides in Camp Snoopy. Aunt JJ with W:
All of us on the log ride. W's face and J's eyes are priceless as we took the steep drop down...
...guess who screamed the loudest? Me. I have to say - probably not the best idea for my neck!
My dad flew in to LA as well and drove back to OR with us. We stopped halfway overnight where W mysteriously came down with a stomach ache and threw up on the hotel room bed (and J's sheet-covered feet) who was fast asleep next to him and thankfully never woke up...and all over the carpet as I raced him to the bathroom. Fun night that one.
And we have been back home with Papap LOVING the weather here. I feel like I have gained a few months out of the year because the summer weather is amazing. In FL I dreaded the summer bc you couldn't do anything outside that didn't involve water. We have been out exploring and even going for walks in the middle of the day. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Here is Papap reading a very.large.book that Aunt JJ sent:

1 comment:
I have a special place in my heart for anyone who visits California. :) Looks like you guys are doing well despite the skunks.
Skippyjon Jones is THE BEST book ever. Jonathan reads it "in his best Spanish accent" of course and the girls love it.
Post a Comment