On Tuesday, they discovered the gigantic storage container underneath J's crib (you know the large flat containers that slide under a bed and can open on both ends). And pulled it out. And managed to dump all contents (which were their 6-12 month clothes all organized and neatly folded) and (I have no idea how-I guess teamwork?) got that container up into J's crib. And when I found him, he was standing on it swinging the framed pictures that are above his crib.
I refuse to take those pictures down. I had Geoff hang them as high as he could without looking funny bc that is the only decoration left in their room. The closets are locked. There is nothing on the dresser. Just cribs, mattresses, a wooden airplane, and a large upholstered rocking chair. Nothing else.
On Wednesday I heard a loud crash and found the large upholstered rocking chair knocked over onto it's back with J hanging off the top of it laughing. And the air purifier knocked over. Seriously. Their room is going to end up with just walls, and maybe two mattresses on the floor.
Speaking of mattresses, I need some suggestions for their next bed. We are probably going to use Geoff and Matt's old bunk bed set eventually...but I don't believe the boys can use bunk beds until they are around five. Sooo.....do you think we should get toddler beds until then? The mattress on the floor will not work. I am pretty certain they would never sleep if we did that. Let me know if you have any suggestions!
3 comments:
Can you separate the bunk bed into two that can be at ground level? Good luck with the transition. We just did a mattress on the floor, so no help here. :)
If you are going to get bunk beds for sure (for free) later on then it wouldn't be so bad to get them toddler beds. I think they use the crib mattresses. Try craigslist or consignment though. For us, I didn't want to spend $ on toddler beds- too temporary and just a transition and they still look like baby beds and my guys were old enough to understand that. We talked about a mattress on the floor for Stella, but then, no way, she would never stay there. I just got twin beds for both. Hopefully they will keep them until they are 18. Stella has been sleeping GREAT in hers. Actually, better than the crib- she ran into the bars and was just uncomfortable I think. The biggest expense is the mattress which you have to get anyway. Nick just had the metal frame until a month ago- no headboard or anything. He didn't seem to notice or care. Can't wait to see them in their big boy beds!!
I'm with Melissa on putting the bunk beds on ground level. But really, having mattresses on the floor wouldn't be much different than having toddler beds since they can get up whenever they want either way. So I'd personally save the money. I'm actually surprised you didn't break down and get the crib tents to keep them in long ago! Alyssa did really well with the transition (crib, twin mattress on the floor and now on a frame and box springs). We didn't want her up off the floor right away in case she fell off. Some nights she slept on the floor (because she chose to, not because she fell off), but she slept! Maybe jumping off a mattress on the floor would even be less fun than off an actual bed since they wouldn't catch as much air? Sorry I don't have any other good suggestions for you!
Post a Comment