Mark and Jan (a.k.a "grammygranpa") came for a visit this past weekend. There was lots of hide and seek, tent building, reading books, and puzzle-making going on. The boys really like puzzles and they keep surprising me how well they can do them. We took a trip to the Air Armament Museum and out to lunch at Panera Bread. Then I drug Jan with me all over town looking for a certain pre-paid phone since mine is broken.
Puzzle-time:
Inside the tent...can you spot J?
Mark and J in front of the O-2 he flew in N. Vietnam:

I tried to be adventurous with my cooking and make two new recipes while they were here. They were both just ok. One recipe was for Singapore Noodles. My favorite dish is Singapore Street Noodles at PF Changs and this recipe was supposed to taste like it. It was definetly not the same....but I will keep trying to reproduce it. We never live close to a PF Changs so I have to get my "fix".
Geoff also took Mark and Jan and the boys to rent a canoe to paddle around nearby one day as well. I was running but it sounds like they had fun. The weather was glorious!
No comments:
Post a Comment