The boys had their first day of kindergarten last week! We cannot believe it. The boys were ready though. By the time I got out of bed, Wyatt was completely dressed and wearing his backpack. We have been talking about "big kid school" so much that I think they wanted to know what all the fuss was about. Jack was all ready except for his shoes and socks. Their first day was a full day but with only 1/3 of their class attending. And it is a FULL day (8:15 - 2:45)! Wyatt said "the school is much longer than Ms. Mary's school" when I picked him up. And they told me that they learned what was "off limits" on the playground. And that they played on the see-saw the entire time they were outside.
I knew they were excited about school when they willingly posed for all of my pictures.
My heart is bursting as I write this post.
Jack
How did you get so big overnight?
How did you get so smart and bright?
Wyatt
Yesterday you were asleep in my arms

Today you're growing off the charts
I'm so proud of you
Lyrics from "You & Me" by Frances England
+don't+take+our+pic.JPG)
Six days
Six weeks
Six months
Six years
Blink of an Eye
I am so going to miss them during the day. I am praying for them to have a wonderful school year and a patient and loving teacher. I pray that they stay safe and healthy at school, that they learn lots, that they make kind friends, and that they have fun!!
2 comments:
Oh girl, I'm feeling all the same emotions as you this year!! It's so hard to wrap my mind around the fact that our BABIES are in Kindergarten! Where has the time gone? Wasn't it just yesterday I had a pregnant belly and was at your house visitng your brand new baby boys? It went in the blink of an eye!! Miss you all!
Mindi, miss you guys too! Hope you are doing great at your new home. I will pray for your little A for her first year as well! And yes, it does feel like yesterday when you were pregnant with her....
Post a Comment