Saturday, September 15, 2012

Dinosaur Bones and Pirate's Treasure Mateys!

We enjoyed a huge surprise from Mr. Dave and the J Family when we returned from Disney.  We received a power point slideshow showing pictures of a nearby location where dinosaur bones had been discovered.  Geoff and the boys went hunting for the spot and dug up dinosaurs!  The boys were SO excited.  They told me all about it when I returned from a day of shopping out of town.  The very next day we received another e-mail with this message.
Seriously.  Cool.  We are quite impressed with your creative pirate-lingo rhyming skills Dave!
The treasure map.
Now that is an authentic treasure map folks.  I mean Mateys. 
 Dave thoughtfully included an un-weathered map in case the original was too aged to read.
 Jack kept telling us "x marks the spot".

The treasure was further away then I thought so I stayed with A (she was napping) while the pirates went after the buried treasure - Arrrrggh!!!
After an extensive adventure counting paces and trees, they finally found two buried treasure chests filled with gold:   two wooden boxes filled with 500 pennies each!  Such a fun and thoughtful birthday idea.  Totally made these guys' birthday.  Thank you Mr. Dave and J Family!!!!
Shiver Me Timbers!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

WOW!!! So totally impressed!