Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Landscaping Reveal

Here are the "final" pictures of our landscaping project...although I can't really say "final" because the landscapers have to return to do some plant, tree and sod replacing....and we still have a fence to complete. Some plants and trees just didn't do well in their new home...but we have a one-year warranty so the company will replace anything that doesn't thrive during that time. You will see that the grass isn't as green as in my previous pictures (as some of you predicted) and some sod will need replaced. We are still working on the best watering times and learning our sprinkler and drip line zones so hopefully we will figure it out soon. Here are the before and after pictures in very random order.


Garage side (yikes):


More garage side (just makes you want to cry doesn't it?)
Not anymore!
Top of terrace (sob):
Now...weeping...a weeping tree that is:
Terracing before (ouch):

Ahhh...

Front (so very sad):
Smile:

Looking from front to back:
Oww:

WOW:
Back photo (it really helps that the sky is so blue in the "after":

Another view of back (I know you are green with envy people):
Two of the trees in the foreground will be replaced:

Column by front door:


Looking from deck to the front (not so lovely):
So lovely:

More backyard (speechless):
We have chicken wire up for the dogs right now until we get the full yard fenced. This is a really tricky part of the yard. Too slanted and shaded for much use...so they cleaned it up a bit and planted a few plants.
Back of home:
Isn't the sky SO blue here? Can't get over it!
Looking up from down the hill (a little spooky):

Another view of boulder wall:

Top front of our yard:
Goodnight! Hope you enjoyed the before and afters (I just love before and afters.)

8 comments:

Amber said...

It looks AMAZING! Love it! I want to come visit!!!

Leslie said...

Wow, looks wonderful! That was a lot of work! I loved spotting the boys speeding around the sidewalk on trikes? big wheels? bikes? Anyway, that path makes a perfect road for them!

Melissa said...

Wow. That looks phenomenal! I wanna come play too.

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

I really like before and after pictures as well- looks so amazing! I think the trees and grass look great and it makes me want to live there!!

Kylie Knill said...

Looks fabulous! What a transformation...great work!

The Gall Family said...

Absolutely incredible!!!!!! Looks like an oasis!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful home!