I realized today that if I don't finally finish our 4th of July post then it will just be way overdue so here goes! A belated Happy 4th of July to everyone. We did some house projects - I know, boring but we have to get serious about unpacking someday...we have been here almost 7 months already and still have lots of painting, organizing, furniture-arranging, and hanging pictures to do!
Geoff let me sleep in which he tries to do as much as he can (love you honey!) while he and the boys tried to use every Thomas track piece we own to constuct a colossal train village.
We returned to the lake with some friends and did a mini hike while Geoff tried out a 7-8 mile bike trail. Lots of fun but surprisingly cold and windy...we took another trip on the paddle boat:
We went to church on the 4th and walked just down the street to watch the downtown parade . It was a cute parade which kicked off with an F-15 fly-by...so neat--I was shocked how low and loud they were. It was also fun hearing the boys' belly laughs when they saw the Shriners ride by on their little cars...I forgot about the Shriners.
Later that day we went to a BBQ--the boys were in heaven because there were SIX older boys there, little chicks (animal variety not the female variety), good food, LOTS of trucks and of course...craziness with fireworks.
And we were able to finish out the 4th watching the city fireworks from our house. Our neighbor up the hill behind us put on quite the firework show himself--seriously BIG fireworks right above us. We'll have to invite people over next year for a little shin-dig or something! Just hope it isn't so windy next time...we all welcomed our heavy coats by the time the big fireworks started because we were freezing! I think that is a first for me!
Overall, a very fun long weekend...just wish I had some better pictures of the boys in their red,white and blue and of any fireworks!
W holding a "tank" firework:
No comments:
Post a Comment