Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Horse or T Rex?

Wow...I just noticed that this is my 200th post! Shouldn't I win a prize or something? =) Here is a funny story from this weekend.

The stables near our house had an open house on Sunday that included pony AND horse rides, displays, concessions, carriage rides, etc. How fun is THAT?! At least I thought so. I had visions in my head of the boys getting pony rides and being so excited and getting some special pictures. Wellnotsomuch.
I parked the van on the side of the road and we started across the dirt road toward a large area with lots of little buildings. There were no visible horses at the time...and we have driven on the road before because the boys always want to see the "horsies". As soon as we get across the road J starts getting upset and saying "I want to go that way!" He was pointing further down the road that we were parked on. I thought he was just being stubborn and told him we needed to go the way we were going which led to the main arena. He stands his ground and as we are arguing W starts screaming and takes off running as fast as he can towards the van. I am wondering what is going on when J starts crying more and bolts too! I turn around and down another little dirt road comes a horse walking with his owner. They weren't even very close and you would have thought it was a T Rex or something instead of a sweet horse. I couldn't help laugh because there reaction was hysterical and they both had each other all fired up.

They were at the van saying "I want to get in the van!" "I want to go HOME!" Luckily our friends showed up then and took W (who was much more calm and rational) while I could stay back with J and talk to him enough to calm him down. They watched our little friends Bo and Rylee take horse rides but J never got out of the stroller and W was pretty firm about "just watch" when we asked him if he wanted to get on a horse or ride a horse.
Here is a fun picture of Bo on a horse and I didn't even see the horse heading after my camera while I was taking the picture:
And here is Jason and Julee soothing W (still wearing his name tag from church) while their kiddos are in the background riding horses. I am standing by J in the stroller still trying to convince them that the horses are OK:

Julee got W to pet the horse:

They both calmed down enough to be around the horses though. I got to help brush a horse and clean its horse shoe which was so cool. The lady taught me how to run my hand down the back of its leg, squeeze at the certain spot and the horse just popped its foot right up. And she just felt like velvet. If I wasn't in a dress from church I would have taken W's horse ride.
This is the horse (I think Nya was her name) I got to help groom and you can see the boys keeping a close eye on her since she is behind them:

As we were leaving, another owner walked by us with her horse (named Krispy Kreme) and she stopped and asked if the boys wanted to see her horse. J just pulled his stroller canopy all the way down trying to hide. It was quite funny.

No comments: