Wednesday, October 29, 2008

15 Minutes

I had Mom's Day Out today and I think I am using my time a little better.  Instead of rushing around like a mad woman to try to do way too much in four hours, I limited my to-do-ing to only three things.  Simple.  Much less stressful.

I also have decided not to fight the boys for a naptime today because by the time we get home (after 2 pm) they are overtired and just don't take one.  If they do take a nap, it is short and they wake up C.R.A.N.K.Y.  It's just not worth it.  So instead, we are shooting for an early bedtime.  We try to be sticklers with getting the boys to bed by 7:30 p.m.  It is amazing how the evening seems exponentially shorter if we don't get them to bed until 7:45 or 8:00.  Really, it is only 15 minutes but in the world of evening post bedtime hours (ahhh) every minute counts. Same as if I get them to bed at 7:15.  It is just 15 minutes early but the night seems exponentially longer.  So that is my goal.  Dinner is done and it is time for baths, lotion, breathing treatments, medicine, tooth brushing, story time, prayers, hugs and kisses.  Nighty night.

BTW, one of their "teachers" at Mom's Day Out informed me today "I am sorry, but you are going to have to sign something for me.  J bit a girl today on the back today.  She was trying to take his toy and she just wasn't going to give up...so he bit her."  Wow.  An incident report. Only 26 months old.  Little rascal with sharp teeth!  Is it bad that I asked "but did he break the skin?"  Because he and W have definitely done that before.  But I guess he liked the girl...because he didn't.  Whew.

No comments: