I can't believe it. It's been about 12 days since I have gone out with the dogs and the boys on our morning jog/walk. My stroller got a flat and we just got it fixed. I can't believe what a difference it made not having my jogger. We have dogs that crave exercise. Especially Katy. She is just a dog that has to MOVE. If not, all that pent up energy has to go somewhere. And it typically will lead to barking.
So needless to say, I was very excited to get out this morning. It was beautiful out too...overcast but not raining...I was ready to go for a good hour. I make it about 1/3 mile from my house when a cop SUV drives slowly past me. Then I turn onto the main street (which has many vacant houses so it is pretty deserted) and I hear a car approaching behind me. It is a cop car with two right behind him. Uh oh.
He asks me "Have you seen anything out of the ordinary this morning?"
Random question. I told him that I just left my house...and what did he mean by out of the ordinary?
Cop: "Like a bear?"
Me: "Uh no...I am pretty certain I wouldn't be out here jogging still if I saw a bear."
Cop: "Well we have had several calls this morning with a bear siting right around here so you might want to head back home. You should be fine though, you have your dogs."
Me: "Oh, so the bear can just eat my dogs?" =)
Anyway, so our outing was cut short. I just hope they find the bear before it can get into trouble. And I hope the cops handle it appropriately.
I definetly wasn't worried about "bears" when I left my house this morning. I was just worried about when my Bear (the dog) was going to poop during our run.
2 comments:
That could be scary! Glad you didn't run into the real bear while you were out. Just wanted to say hello and we miss you! We're planning a shopping trip for August 2nd with dinner at the Melting Pot if you're up for it! Let me know!
Oh yes, please come to dinner like Mindi said!!! Our reservations are at 5:30.
That is so weird about the bear. I didn't think they'd be down here, but some friends of ours were heading to the base a few weeks ago and after they crossed the bridge, they both saw a bear cross the road! I'm glad you didn't encounter it.
Post a Comment