Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I now have a MOM car....

We are (almost) the proud owners of a new Honda Odyssey.  Yes yes a MINIVAN!  It has 24 miles on it...so yes, it is as new as can be.  I am not sure Geoff has gotten over the sticker shock...although we saved a BUNDLE and got a great deal on a Touring model.  I won't actually get to see the car until the end of August and can't wait!  

I started thinking about a newer car when the boys were infants and they would burn up in the back of my car in the summer.  Their car seats were backwards and there was no rear AC so it would take awhile for them to get any air.  Well, no more...the Odyssey has rear AC, it also has side airbags (something I have really wanted), the parking mechanism that beeps when you back up, a DVD player (this will be very handy in a few years), a rear camera, power doors and trunk, and on and on...............

We also just need more space.  If anyone visits, we have one extra seat so we either have to put someone in the very back with no seatbelt (dangerous/illegal) or drive two cars.  

So lots of reasons for the upgrade.  =)  

2 comments:

Melissa said...

HA!!! You beat me!!! :) And I have 3 kids. Congrats on taking that next step into momhood. Girl, the DVD player will be good in a few years?? Um, how about in a few weeks when you get that thing.

pheather said...

Congratulations on the new car!! That is so exciting! I'm sure you will absolutely love it - it sounds wonderful!