Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dip Baby Dip...




I thought I would type a post on snack/lunch ideas. We have to get somewhat creative because we have to stay away from eggs, peanuts, and soy. Soy is in a lot more food products than I ever imagined (you can see what food allergies can do in the last picture above...look at Wyatt's arms)
The boys also turn up their noses to string cheese and deli meat which really limits my lunch options so I am hoping that some of you will share some of your favorite snacks so we can get some new ideas.

-Cottage Cheese Sundaes (cottage cheese with peach medley applesauce and strawberries...
this is a great one bc they get protein from the cottage cheese...)
-Animal Crackers and Cheese
-Graham Cracker sticks and Yogurt (they love dipping of any kind)
-Quesadillas (I try to add tomatoes, avocado, or broccoli)
-Yogurt and Cereal
-Fruit Smoothies
-Vans Waffles with fruit or yogurt (again dipping comes into play)
-Cheerios or Multibran chex with craisins and/or raisins and dried apples (as a snack mix)
-All fruit popsicles
-Turkey Sandwich with mashed avocado, lettuce, and honey mustard (I can only get them to eat a sandwich if they are out of their high chairs and distracted with toys and very hungry)
-Fresh fruit salads and milk
-Gold fish medley (cheddar and pretzels) with raisins or fruit
-Amy's Nacho Bean and Cheese pockets
-Tortilla or english muffin pizzas
-Raw veggies (not a favorite-but we grilled some the other night in Newmans Own marinade and they were so good)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

you sound pretty creative. dipping food is always fun. my kids are dipping their quesadillas in sour cream as we speak.

kanb said...

Nick loves dip, too. You got me with the allergies. My guys can eat anything. Lunch is the most boring meal so I understand, b/c I am always trying to come up with new ideas. Dip is always good. Funny mine don't care much for string cheese or meat. I'll email you.