Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Escapee

It was bound to happen. Today when I went into the boys' room after their naps, I found W straddling and balancing on the top of his crib railing:.
..and J dangling both legs off the top of his crib railing:
I was going to post a poll on the blog asking for guesses on how long it will take them to get out of their crib.

Well, they beat me to it. If I was a betting woman, I would have put the money on J escaping first. Especially since he has the soft rocking chair nearby to land on. But it was W.
We had put them down for bed and they were fussing a little bit. I was in the laundry room thinking that their cries seem so much louder than normal. I went into the living room and told Geoff that I was certain that one of our children was standing just on the other side of their door. Sure enough, as we walked down the hall, we could hear the door know jiggling. Not only had W somehow got out of his crib (he had to have fallen in the process) but he then took the time to empty the contents of his big truck (large dump truck loaded up with toys and books) into J's crib! So J is standing in his crib looking awfully confused and surrounded by trucks, books, rocks, etc.

Geoff blamed it on me taking pictures of them climbing on their railings this afternoon, but it was bound to happen sooner or later.
Here is how J climbs into the crib:
He pretty much just dives in....

1 comment:

Amber said...

Uh oh!! Not good news at all!!