Monday, June 6, 2016

Finland & Iceland & Sick-land

May was a BEAST of a month for us.  Geoff went to Finland for most of the month...I was so excited for him to go overseas and get to fly with the Finnish pilots.  Back home, the kids and I had a great first week...then all of our kids got sick one-by-one.
The first weekend he was gone the kids had soccer and then had a long playdate.  The weather was great and the kids played a lot outside.  They played "tackle tag" with Dominic, Hartley and Kyle between games.

We went to the park on Mother's Day and we were outside for another few hours so the weekend flew by.  
Oh these two.
Jack is Avery's preschool friend and soccer teammate.  Jack's dad is Mr. Rick (you'll see him in pics below-he works with Geoff).  They were so cute that day.  Sadie took these pics.  They were just sitting and eating carrots together. 
Later that day Jack disappeared for awhile (I thought he was in the bathroom) and Wyatt found him asleep on my bed. It was 5:00 p.m.  He woke up around 11 p.m. and went back to sleep for the night.  He told me the next morning his stomach hurt a little...but not like he would throw up.  He didn't have a fever so he went to school.  He was fine at school but was feeling tired and didn't eat a lot for dinner.  I kept him home from school Tuesday and Wednesday.  He wasn't eating a ton and was still really tired.  I think he was having stomach cramps.  I took him to his doctor on Thursday after he skipped dinner Wednesday and breakfast Thursday.  He didn't have a fever and she couldn't find anything from her physical exam.  She figured he may have a bug.  The poor guy wasn't 100% for about 10 days.  Then Avery caught it and was in the bathroom 8+ times a day for two days.  Her belly hurt really bad too but she never got sick to her tummy.  A few days later Wyatt started feeling bad.  He ended up missing four days of school.  He had all the same symptoms that had but would throw up just once right before bed.  Whatever they had affected each of them differently.  Then Avery woke up and threw up randomly first thing in the morning.  For almost a whole month someone in our house was sick!
Geoff's return date got delayed a couple of days which was good because I was hoping we would be 100% healthy before he came home.  He got home late right before bedtime.
Wyatt was still not feeling well and was sleeping in our room when Geoff got home.
Geoff flew a jet to Finland with an overnight stop in Maine and rode back in a tanker to Iceland and a C-130 the rest of the way.  Most everyone stopped in Iceland on the return trip.  I wish I could see this in person.  It is the Blue Lagoon in Iceland.
Look at these handsome guys soaking in the Blue Lagoon geothermal spa. The spa is located in a lava field in Grindavík on the Reykjanes Peninsula, southwestern Iceland (I googled that).
Some of the guys hanging out in the square in front of their hotel in Kuopio.
Dinner out with some of the Finnish pilots. 
Our guys were surprised to see the Finnish pilots riding bikes to and from the jets. Ripper and Paulie borrowed a bike one night.
 Rick and Geoff in front of a castle in Finland.
 Paulie, Tiny and Geoff hiking in a national park.

Geoff took this pic of Rick flying with his speed brake up.  Geoff was in the tanker and they were on their way to Iceland from Finland.
 Look at this geyser about to erupt in Iceland!
 Rick, Geoff and Anil eating seafood in Iceland. 
Viking museum in Iceland.
Geoff is lucky to work with these guys everyday.  They are all really awesome. 
Geoff brought me a mug from Kuopio.  And he surprised me with moose antler sheds he bought at a farm in Finland!  I LOVE them.
Avery trying out the viking helmets Geoff brought home.
So long, jäähyväiset (farewell), May!

No comments: