Sunday, June 12, 2016

Vikings and Preschool

The day before the last day of preschool...
 She has grown 2.5 inches through the school year and a full shoe size.  :)  I wonder how many inches her hair has grown??
 She has a heart of gold and makes me laugh all the time.  
Here is their class pic from a few weeks ago.  From left:  Ms. Tammy, Dalton, Avery, Kellan, Serenity, Jack, Kat, Lincoln, Haley, Dane, Livia, Ryan and Ms. Mary.  At least four of them are off to kindergarten next year.
The LAST day of preschool...the big performance day!  Jack rode with us to school that morning so I took a pic on their last day.  It was so cute when he wrapped his arm around her and was smiling away.
For their final program, the class was performing an internationally-themed program. The room was decorated with Mrs. Pare's (the music teacher) items she has collected from around the world.  Here is Ms. Mary starting off the program.
Every kiddo picked a country to represent.  Everyone dressed up and made a flag for their country.  We picked Finland since Geoff was just there but he had trouble finding an outfit there so I ordered one online.  I was so impressed with costume...especially for how little I paid for it.  I might start buying our Halloween costumes every year in June.
The kids walked out singing "It's A Small World" and everyone looked amazing!
Ryan - Scotland, Livia - Holland, Kellan - Norway, Avery - Finland, Jack - Finland, Kat - Japan, Dalton - France, Haley - Spain, Lincoln - Japan, Serenity - Mexican Indian, Dane - USA.
 They sang "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands", "God Bless America", "The Continent Song", "We all Sing with the Same Voice" and more.
 I love Livia's wooden shoes!  The teachers put a pink headband (sweatband?) on Avery's head to keep her helmet from falling off...it was a little big.  If you look close, you'll see a ton of safety pins in Avery's costume too.  It was the smallest I could find but still really big on her.  



The cake says "Have a World of Fun this Summer."
Ms. Mary and Ms. Tammy present all the kids with their portfolio from the year and art work.  Here are some of my favorite pics that were in her portfolio.  I am taking a picture of the printed pic on my iPhone so excuse the glare.
Avery washing apples before they made applesauce at school.
 Scooping out pumpkin seeds.
Painting!
Christmas pic for the Christmas ornament she made.  I love this one!

 Circle time.
 Cute spring picture.
 A painting of flowers she brought home on the last day of school. 
Avery got out of her viking costume and put on her shirt she tie-dyed at school.
What a great first year of preschool!

No comments: