Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's hard to keep a secret....

...when I am vomiting in the Walmart frozen food aisle. When I am carrying a bowl with me wherever I go (which I was very thankful for while I was in Walmart this morning). When I am wearing Sea Bands on my wrists 24 hours a day. When I am eating Doritos at 9:30 a.m. chased down by a fudge bar. Followed by Starburst. When I don't want to leave my house very often. When I can smell everything in a 5-mile radius.

So let's just make the announcement! We are excited to announce we are expecting baby #3 this fall! I am only 9 weeks but it is hard to wait until the end of the first trimester to announce when I started feeling nauseous all day at five weeks. And then started to get sick a few days later. I think I know why the "morning" sickness is so bad this time. I was in Hood River this past weekend and felt 80% better. I only felt nauseous a couple of times and I just figured maybe the Unisom/Vitamin B6 I had been taking finally got into my system. Well, I drove the five hours home...and the moment I walked into our house...I threw up in the kitchen garbage. And have been full-up nauseous ever since. I have to eat every hour (although I don't feel like it) just to keep the food down. But I have had some serious dry-heaving sessions - where the food has already digested but my stomach is not happy for some reason. Last night, I had just finished eating some pasta...and unfortunately, it came all back up in a big way while I was at the kitchen sink. Poor W was trying to ask me something but I couldn't obviously answer him. So he said "what is that?" "Is that applesauce?" And he just stood there wrinkling his nose. Other than the kitchen sink incident, the boys are so excited about the baby. It is really cute. They want to know "when is the baby going to arrive? How is the doctor going to get the baby out of your belly?" "How do babies get down the stairs?"

Our first apppoinment is still not for a couple of weeks so I guess I will post more when we know more! We were blessed to have an unofficial ultrasound from a friend who spotted just one heartbeat and one baby. So that much we do know. If I hadn't had that ultrasound, I would be highly suspicious of triplets or something!

11 comments:

Amber said...

Yippeee! Glad to see the official announcement. Wow, did you really throw up in Walmart?! You poor, poor thing!!!! I hope you feel better soon!! Is it just Kfalls?

Brittany said...

That is so so so exciting! Congratulations, I can't wait to see ultrasound pictures.

Melissa said...

YAY!!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm sorry you are feeling so terrible! Until I read the end, I thought "maybe multiples again". :) How exciting!

Leslie said...

Congratulations! Sorry you feel so blah, but it is for the best reason :)

The Nicholsons said...

So happy for you Andrea!! Sorry you aren't feeling well :( I've been thinking about you a lot lately...maybe I have ESP ;) Hang in there!

Unknown said...

We are really excited for you all! J&W will be awesome big brothers/helpers!

Mindi said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations!! Hope that morning sickness goes away soon. Wish we lived in the same town again this time around so we could watch you and baby grow!!

AFJ said...

Thanks everyone. :) We are excited!

TW said...

Hooray, Hooray!! Great news! We're so happy for you guys! Those boys are going to be such big helpers for you... this one will be a breeze... just sit back and enjoy :-)
--TW

Jessica said...

That's fantastic news!!! I am so excited for all of you! I can sympathize with you not feeling well and I hope it goes away very soon. Congratulations!

Lisa G said...

Congratulations! Hope you start feeling better soon. Just think of how much easier it will seem with one baby this time!