Wednesday, March 30, 2011

10-week belly or....11 1/2-week?

When I was pregnant with the boys...I was so excited about the pregnancy and busy with our new house in Florida that I didn't really get a pre-pregnancy belly pic. I think the first pic I have is from week 12 and I had already grown a little bit! I am not much better this time around...here is a 10-week belly picture:

Yes, I have a badge of honor with stretch mark scars and my belly button looks completely different from before but it is all worth it for those little fellas. And hard not to get when your belly stretches this far out at 36 weeks:

Yes, you can see the red little stretchy of the belly very clear here. And I still had six days to go of painful-expanding-skin-stretching. But don't let the first picture fool you. That was a good morning. I am showing so much faster this time around. The doc told me that my uterus expanded so much from the twins that it doesn't return all the way...so just a little growth will cause my belly to pop right out. I had my first appointment on Monday...and the doc seems to think I am 11 days further along then my projected due date. I was 10 weeks 6 days at the appointment and he said the baby is measuring 12 weeks and 3 days. I didn't know they would adjust my due date based on that one ultrasound but he did. And with a required c-section here since we don't have the medical requirements for a VBAC they project delivery a week before that! The baby looked great and was moving a lot in the ultrasound. But it is definitely sobering to have to discuss the genetic counseling information at length. I was with the doctor for two full hours! Just praying for a healthy baby and uneventful pregnancy.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love my badges of honor....yummy stretch marks. :) Mine not from twins, just fabulous swelling with Kylie. The earlier they detect a difference in size, the more likely they'll change the due date-which they obviously did with you. You are further along in just a few short hours at the doc office. Nice! So excited for you guys!! Hope your tummy is feeling better and you aren't heaving in Walmart.

kanb said...

Wow, compared to you I must be 6 months pregnant! You look great!! (and I am NOT pregnant.) Can't wait!

AFJ said...

Melissa,
It was nice to move ahead while at the doc's office :) and I did do some heaving into my bowl the other day...but I made it out to the Walmart parking lot this time! Progress! :)

Kate, WHATEVER, your waist has always been the size of my arm. :) Love you.

The Nicholsons said...

Andrea, you are too cute :) You don't look remotely pregnant! As for the twin belly, I still remember being in awe. Talk about "belly only" pregnancy =) When is your due date? Try for October 27th, that's Jude's, then all our children will have the same birthdays.

Leslie said...

Your 36 week belly pic is impressive and adorable! Can't wait to watch that belly stretch out again :)

Stephanie Coyne said...

Andrea - congratulations!!!! I MUST keep up with your blog more often! happy everything to your whole family!

Jennifer said...

yep, i look more pregnant than you and I am not pregnant! Congrats! I have been meaning to email you and tell you that we moved into Camryn's Crossing...which one was your house? I live across the street from Genya Garrett, which is funny because I was going to ask you who did your pictures when you lived here because they were great...small world!

Mindi said...

I SO remember you with that belly! After seeing yours and Tracy's belly pictures, I knew I had to take belly pictures with both of our kiddos!