Monday, December 6, 2010

The Boys' Room

It has taken us a whopping 10 months to get the boys' room finished. It is never really completely "finished" though is it?

We haven't done a lot in their room because they are simply rough-and-tumble-jump-off-the-furniture-swing-pictures-off-the-wall-hang-on-the-drapes-crash-into-walls-kind of boys.
So we have taken wee steps...painting, hanging drapes, then adding a bookshelf, then hanging a picture or two, then some more, and then adding some decorative items just to see how it goes. I don't know how long those oars will last so I figured I would get a picture before they possibly get broken or something. It's not fancy or anything...but fun. And much better than what they had! And no more painted swatches all over the wall!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness. Wow! I love it! I literally gasped when I saw the pic I love it so much. Looks just like Pottery Barn! Great job!

Melissa said...

cute cute!!!! nice work

Mindi said...

How cute!! You really do have the decorating touch! Want to take a trip to Vegas and decorate for me??

Leslie said...

Not fancy? I think it's amazing!! I love that you included their artwork, too.

pheather said...

The room does look awesome, Andrea!! You did a great job and I hope the oars last a long time!! :)