I love hearing about great products. I haven't done a favorite things post in awhile and wanted to share some recent good buys and favorite things.
Here is the list in no particular order (excluding all family members, pets, friends, etc. of course):
1. Odd-sized measuring spoons...mine are from Williams and Sonoma (cups also shown below but I don't have those)

The odd-measuring spoons in 2-tsp., 1 1/2-Tbs. and 2-Tbs. sizes--They seem like a luxury but I use them as much as my regular measuring spoons for baking and cooking.
2. JR Watkins All Purpose Lemon Cleaner. It's all natural, smells wonderful and doesn't leave streaks. Love the same brand hand soap too. I was so happy to see this at Target recently for a great price!

3. Glass storage containers. I found these at Macy's a few weeks ago and bought two (Martha Stewart line). Then a few weeks later I found the exact same brand (just without Martha Stewart's name) at Costco. A whole set for about the price of the two I bought at Macys. I love them though. Everything in glass - so I can store food in the freezer, in the fridge, use in the microwave, and I don't have to worry about certain foods staining the glass (like plastic does). A great way to get away from all of the plastic.

4. Dave's Gourmet Pasta Sauce. Geoff spotted this sauce the last time we were there so we tried it. It is fabulous. A nice change from tomato sauce. Really different...really good...the whole family ate it up. For those of you who don't live near a Costco, I saw this listed at Amazon as well.

4. Dave's Gourmet Pasta Sauce. Geoff spotted this sauce the last time we were there so we tried it. It is fabulous. A nice change from tomato sauce. Really different...really good...the whole family ate it up. For those of you who don't live near a Costco, I saw this listed at Amazon as well.
I have tried lots of different brands but none that work for me like this one. No clumps. Long(er) lashes!
6. Striped socks. I love striped socks. Hard for me to resist striped socks for me or the boys. Here is a photo of some from Baby Gap. I think all of the boys' striped socks are courtesy of the Baby Gap.

I have a love/hate relationship with Pottery Barn. I LOVE everything in their catalog. I drool over their room designs. I like to go through the website and just add things that I love to my "cart" then as soon as I see the total I just close it down and walk away. But I hate their prices. Have you ever seen that episode of Friends where Rachel keeps buying things from PB for her apartment but lies to Phoebe about where she bought it? It is so funny. Especially at the end when Phoebe walks past a PB store window and sees that the window display is their exact living room. And instead of being angry, all she can think about is how they are missing a piece that is in the store. I just want to pick up whole sections of their store and move it to our house. I don't just circle items in their catalog...I circle or earmark whole pages. This is where I would choose a shopping spree. Most definitely.
8. Pride and Prejudice

I bought this movie a few years ago for $3 at the Target day-after-Thanksgiving-sale. I had never seen it and I figured it was worth seeing it for $3. Best $3 I think I have spent on a movie. So so SO good. Have you seen it?
I would love it if you would please leave me some of your favorite things or recent good buys under the comments section. I would love to hear your recommendations!



3 comments:
love the watkins hand soap! i should try the cleaner sometime. i also have a love/hate relationship with potterybarn. we attempted to order a sectional from them in november, then in february they delivered it and the sectional formation was reversed from what we had ordered. we had to refuse it...i was so sad! and now it's April and we're still trying to work it out. love your list and am sure you'll have better luck with your sectional than we did!
I LOVE my Dyson Animal...all I do is vacuum and empty it out over and over again until I feel clean!
Love the odd size measuring spoons! I have the cups too=) I am a kitchen gadget junkie. I love Pride and Prejudice too, I have read the book 3 times in the past 10 years. I have never seen the movie so I will have to order it on Netflixs.
Post a Comment