Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Little Bakers

We arrived home last week after spending several weeks in Texas and a week in Oklahoma City. My camera was working overtime...I ended up with over 700 pictures from the trip so I will have to share some of them...especially for Geoff since he has been anxiously awaiting new pictures of the boys.

The boys helped me bake some apple muffins from Jessica Seinfeld's "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook. I used some mashed banana in place of the egg (they are allergic) and it was a great little recipe for the boys to assist with...the muffins...well, the muffin part didn't have any flavor to me although I was surprised that the texture didn't seem affected by omitting the egg. The crumble topping was awesome...the boys ate a lot of it before it made it on the muffin top!

Here they are sampling the crumb topping:

J stirring the batter:
W stirring the batter:
I had to move the crumble topping away from W he said:
"Mommy, move that back over here...right here."
Then:
"Mommy I need more sprinkles."
And finally:
"Mommy, I NEED more some of that (pointing) in my belly!"
Although the muffins themselves lacked flavor...the topping helped and it was a perfect little baking project. The boys could take turns pouring, stirring, and then sprinkling the crumble part on top of the muffin batter...

The next night the boys "made" their own mini pizza for dinner. They spent a good bit of time eating the cheese while topping the sauce with the cheese.

No comments: