Wednesday, July 22, 2009

TrAiNs TrAiNs iT's aLL AbOuT tHe TrAiNs

The boys spotted railroad tracks soon after we arrived to Houston and then it became an obsession to spot any and all trains and any railroad tracks. Shortly after we arrived to Houston, we went to a large Barnes and Nobles where the boys and I were overwhelmed with the selection (we don't get out much these days) and the boys made themselves right at home (reading a train book of course!):
Grammy and Grandpa took us to two train hobby shops and they LOVED seeing the electric trains and a big electric train model village all set up. They also brought out their Christmas Polar Express electric train for the boys (I was nervous the entire time that they would break that thing):
J standing on his head to see the train up close:


....and the boys received a few new train books:
While we were in OKC visiting Aunt JJ we went to the zoo - a zoo that had THREE trains:


And then we went to a children's science museum:

...that had a large electric train display..the boys could have stayed there all day:


We got to see a real caboose that is parked in Old Town Spring and is used as a restaurant:

We even ate at a cafe right next to the railroad tracks and we were lucky enough to see a train go by:
When I saw these pictures I had another-there-they-go-growing-on-me again-moment. They look so much taller and older!

No comments: