Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rough Start

Geoff left early yesterday and it was not the greatest day. I am very surprised to say that he has been gone all of about 30 hours and I am exhausted. Geoff has been gone lots before so this is nothing new...and I can say that I am good to handle most things as long as I have enough sleep. But W and J had me up about 5 different times last night (midnight, 1:30 a.m., 2:10 a.m., 4 a.m., and then 5:50 a.m) when W was up for good. J slept on (since he probably didn't sleep well last night) until 8 a.m. So no surprise that J is running around right now wide awake while W is taking a nap. And hence continues an off-kelter sleep schedule. That broken-sleep stuff KILLS me. My patience drops a good 80% and I have had a major headache all day long. I think the boys have slept straight through the night maybe an average of once every 2 weeks. W wakes up itchy frequently and needs lotion. Sometimes he wants re-tucked in. But lately, I think he just knows that something big is going on and he just needs comforted...and he just can't get back to sleep.

Swim lessons today didn't help. W spent the entire class crying and yelling "da-ddddy UP" several times. It just breaks my heart.

The worst part of this is that the 179-day doesn't even start for several days...travel-time doesn't count. We are in for a long summer.

No comments: