Sunday, January 18, 2009

Aunt JJ Vacay and B-day


We were fortunate enough to have Aunt JJ visit - and on her birthday even! Although it was HER vacation she gave me much-needed help. I had a pretty rough week before she arrived. I believe the boys were missing daddy, cutting their molars, enduring yet another bad cold, and just being 2. There wasn't a lot of sleep going on in our house. But Jenette and Geoff both arrived and I got to go to the gym, take some naps, go to a dr. appt without the kiddos, and go on a date with Geoff. Did I mention it was HER vacation? But Jenette and I did get to go shopping together and get pedicures.
And we went to a fun beach area for more pictures and lunch.
This is such a "hip" playground. Can you tell it is a dog? The ears hang down and form a bench, and the slide is the tongue.


I love this group of pics of the boys with Jenette:

The sky was so blue that day. The boys had fun lugging the modern-looking green puppy dog things up the hill. The dogs are just there. By the hill. For kids to play with.
And for Jenette to carry back down the hill.
Funny sign. Located near the hill and the playground. And near a coffee shop of course.
Jenette and I in front of the hip coffee shop:

Jenette and Geoff at taco bar:
Ok, this painted fence was just screaming at me to take more pictures!



It is easy to take the beach for granted when you live so close to it. But it caught my breath to walk around the corner from the taco bar we ate at and see this:

Breathtaking.
I had to make Jenette kahlua cake to celebrate her big day.
Happy Birthday Jenette!!!



W practicing blowing out a candle:

3 comments:

Mindi said...

Girl, you are starting to take pictures like Genya with all the angles and cute backdrops!! Maybe I'll hire you to take our next family photos!!

pheather said...

Oh, those pictures make me miss Florida! Is that cool playground at Alyce Beach? You ARE taking some awesome pictures, girl! You'll have to give me some pointers when we get together next. Those boys are just too darn cute!!
Love, Heather

Stephanie Coyne said...

WHERE is that beach/playground?????