Friday, January 23, 2009

Rap

Today W (without me noticing) reached into the desk drawer and said "Mommy, clip my nails!" as he held up a mini stapler to his finger.
Goodness.

Everyone wish me luck. I know it doesn't seem like much but I am taking my first road trip with the boys by myself. We have about a three-hour drive to do so I am trying to plan it so I don't have to stop. I don't want to feed them, change diapers, or get gas. Just go. I am hoping they will nap at least 30 minutes in the car. That is about all they do in the car. And I have the portable DVD player with a truck movie prepped as well.

We are going to visit our friends Suzanne and Rob. I was supposed to attend a piyo certification (Suzanne and Rob were going to watch the boys for me while I attended-bless their hearts) but it was cancelled. But we are still going...it should make the weekend go faster and I am looking forward to seeing our friends and I am making Suzanne take me to Costco. I know, that is pathetic isn't it? Getting excited to go to Costco.

I have been meaning to post some videos but haven't gotten around to it lately. The boys are full up singing as of late...they can sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star (traditional or rap-style), Rock-a-Bye Baby, the alphabet (ending in the traditional "now I know my abcs...." OR "now I know I know I know I know.."), Down By the Station, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Happy Birthday (it seems to always be somebody's birthday in our house these days) and there is more but I can't remember right now. It is fun to hear what songs strike them enough to burst out in song. I tried to catch the rap version of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star on video but W has been freezing up on me when I pull out the camera. Here is a few second sample of the rap song before he stopped on me.

Their favorite question right now is "What's That?!" Their favorite word right now is "no!" Their favorite breakfast item is "crackle pop" (Rice krispies). Their favorite snack item is always fruit or cheerios snack mix.

And when they fly their toy planes around the say "flying to Mexico!" and I say "why are you flying to Mexico?" Reply: "To see Daddy."

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hope the first part of the road trip went well. Geoff is in Mexico? :)