Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!


We had such a fun day on Halloween. We started off the day by going to a nearby assisted-care facility with our MOPS group to do reverse trick or treating. Meaning that the boys hand out goodies to the residents. I am not sure anyone explained that to the residents though because I couldn't get anyone to take any at first. But then when they did...J and W had a blast handing out pretzels. They gave some residents four bags each! The residents had games set out and had their own treats to give the kids. They really enjoyed seeing all the kiddos beaming in their costumes!
J almost all dressed:

He's finally got the hat on:
W ready to get into the van:

J carrying a bag of pretzels for reverse trick or treating:
W carrying his bag of pretzels:

W sharing pretzels with another pirate:

J handing out some pretzels:
Saying cheese with his friend Bo (and Rylee in the front):
With some of our MOPS friends...notice W fully dressed and J partly dressed...I put long-sleeves under their clothes thinking it would be cold but it was really warm on Halloween here:

Then we went over to our friend's house for dinner and trick-or-treating in their nice neighborhood. Geoff gave us the biggest Halloween surprise by arriving home for the weekend - Yay! He was supposed to be gone for 2 more weeks. He rushed over and met us on the street where we were trick or treating. It took the boys some time to get the trick of treat-thing down but they did when they saw what they got! They got braver and braver and eventually could go to the door without us carrying them and say trick or treat and thank you.

At a very spooky house:


We had fun. Their favorite treat: tootsie roll pops...mommy's favorite treat: Take 5 bars and flavored tootsie rolls...daddy's favorite treat: Reeses PB Cups.

Of course, we have to dump the bags and sort through the pirates' booty! I loved doing that when I was little...organizing all the good stuff from the cheap-o stuff! You know what I mean! Anything chocolate was typically in the good stuff pile. My friend Julee instructed her kids to go for the Twix Bars whenever they had the opportunity!

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

kanb said...

Mmmm Twix!! Your pirates ARRGH so cute : )

Unknown said...

Hey you! Hope you had a wonderful bday! I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to keep up with the blogging. So, I just caught with yours and I loved the pics and the stories. Hope you all are well!

Mayfield Family said...

The boys looked so cute in their pirate costumes. Happy Belated Birthday!