I thought I would post a couple of fun facts about myself. I enjoy learning the little quirks that make someone who they are. For example, I recently learned that my father-in-law puts butter on his sandwiches. He said if there is bread, he needs butter. Or how Geoff likes to have cottage cheese and applesauce when he eats macaroni and cheese. Or how he only orders vanilla ice cream or cookies and cream or vanilla ice-cream with oreos on top when we go out for ice cream. Here are some of my *quirks*
-I love the sound of silence (now). Sometimes I even turn off the car radio when I am by myself to savor it.
-I like the word "barista". Those lucky baristas get to say "I am a barista" when someone asks what they do.
-I am a tracker....what am I tracking now? How many books I have read, how many miles I have run, how many Pampers reward points I have, etc.
-I dream of working at a Pottery Barn or Pottery Barn Kids just to get the discount. It is probably a good thing that we never live anywhere close to an actual store. BTW, is it just me, or have their prices gotten ridiculous in the past few years? I can't even afford a spoon in that store. Well, barely.
-I abhor certain fluffy foods: marshmallows, whipped cream, mayonnaise, cotton candy....all make me feel sick.
-I have had three cats named Tigger.
-I like to multi-task. The other day I was actually jogging with my double jogger...with a big dog on each side...and talking on the phone...OK, maybe that is taking multitasking too far!
-I get very happy when the weather cools down. I LOVE the fall.
-I can stand pretty much everything involving a cold...but a sore throat makes me pretty miserable.
-I love pictures of people.
-I am obsessed with house-hunting online. Even if we are not in the market for a house. I love looking at different homes, house plans, and how they are decorated.
-I wish I could sew so I could make my kid's Halloween costumes.
-I enjoy clothes shopping for the boys...just pick their size and I know it will look good on them. No need to try it on.
-I am a rule-follower. Sometime to a fault. Sometimes I wish I wasn't though.
-I don't love moving. But I do like the feeling of starting over. Cleaning a new house...making it a new home. It is fun to try new things.
-I have always liked my brown eyes...but now I LOVE them because I share them with my children.
-I can't eat honey or drink apple cider without thinking about my Grandpa. Or see Lincoln Logs without thinking of my grandparents.
-I love sweet and salty....like chocolate and nuts...or chocolate and pretzels.
-I wish I could live in a house with a mountain view and gigantic trees. The outside of Susan Sarandon's character in the movie Stepmom is unbelievable.
-I have flown in an F-16. And I have thrown up in an F-16. Three or four times.
-I have a tendency to get sick when I travel. Maybe my immune system can't take the excitement! We don't know why. I have been sick (and had to go to the ER) in Tennessee, Iowa, New Mexico, and Texas-I am sure there are more places but I can't think of them right now.
-I have had four broken bones. Three broken toes from playing soccer in high school. And a broken wrist - also from playing soccer.
-When I eat M&Ms, I like to eat them by color.
-I am no fan of swimming in the ocean. I can't relax. I am always looking around for sharks.
-I like to play the card game 500.
-I don't mind grocery shopping. What I don't like about it is carrying everything inside the house and putting it away.
-I have a very short-term memory. It is not an excuse. I really do...lately.
-I do not like the feeling of newspaper...or ice when it sticks to your finger....yikes!
-I still pray for more patience. I am not as patient as I hope to be.
-I love the smell of coffee. And bread baking. And citrus.
2 comments:
We have lots of things in common! I was just watching Stepmom and when I saw her house I thought, "Oh, I hope someday I can have a house like that!" It was so beautiful. I guess we'd have to move to New England or something. I can't believe you've flown in an F-16! That's so cool! Hope you're having a great weekend!
Love, Heather
Funny, I prayed for patience just this morning :) Lisa
Post a Comment