Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Trip to the Dentist


We had our first trip to the pediatric dentist today.  The boys were so hyper in the waiting room.  They discovered fast that the floor echoed so they were jumping all around and running and diving (yes diving) onto their stomachs on the floor.   There was a small picnic table in the middle of the room that J was crawling under and saying "tunnel" while W was trying to get in on the other side.  They eagerly walked back when they were called and J happily sat on the chair.
W first walking back to the exam room:
J...the calm before the storm:
Until he went had to lean back that is...and then the sweet lady pulled out the scraper tool (I don't even like the scraper tool).  My picture-taking stopped abrubtly as I had to lay down with J to "assist".   We noticed that J had some tartar build up on his lower middle teeth and she had to scrape that off for awhile.  Then she brought out the grape-flavored toothpaste and used the little machine to clean all of his teeth.  He stopped crying about 2/3 of the way through and did fine.  Geoff was in the next chair with W who I heard scream the whole time too.  He didn't have to have any tartar scraped off though.  Then they painted on some flouride; the dentist came and said they both looked great and had no cavities.  Yey!  I was surprised the dentist office did as much as they did.  I just thought they were going to count their teeth and give them a sticker.  
They did get stickers and toothbrushes.   And we left with two happy boys with very clean teeth.

3 comments:

Mayfield Family said...

Looks like the boys had a great birthday! I missed reading your posts. Welcome back!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun filled and action packed summer! It goes by so fast. Welcome home...missed you!

Leslie said...

Ooh, thank you so much for the preview of what to expect for a toddler dental exam! Sounds like the boys survived with a little help from Mom and Dad!