I think what changed her mind was when the boys left without her last weekend. And Geoff kept asking her if she wanted to ski this past week. I rented my skis and Geoff got the kids ready. The boys were playing on this hill with Avery while we were getting all set.
It helped Avery even more to see the boys skiing.
We started at the free chair lift and the boys and I did that hill six times (Avery and Geoff did it five)….but Geoff gets bored easy. So he did the hill (the normal way) the first time. Then he decided to go on a little trail through the trees.
These are super fast videos bc I can't ski and video at the same time…but you can see how they are heading into the trails…the turkeys….
Then on the next chairlift ride up he says he is going to the trees on the right. I am thinking "how hard can it be if he is can do it while holding Avery?" Well I did follow them (never again) and had a major crash. It was a tiny trail through the trees (I need a lot more space to make turns on skis) and ended with basically a mini cliff to get back onto the main pass. I couldn't slow down and I went face first onto the main hill. I felt my right knee tweak some as the ski broke off my boot. Ouch. The boys thought it was hilarious. So we took a break and warmed up in the lodge.
And then the boys and I went on the quad lift up to the main mountain. I made the boys do two greens with me and I was good for the day. The green seemed more like a blue to me (did I mention that I had a 3-year break from skiing) and it was windy and snowy and a bit hard to see. I didn't want to fully ruin my confidence with a blue with those conditions. It is funny bc I want to follow the boys down the hill - they are awesome and make it look really easy. And they are trying to follow me. Geoff and I switched out after that and he took the boys on two more runs while I stayed with Avery. Our only group shot of the day of all five of us after our first day skiing together!
This one refuses to sleep in the car. She didn't sleep for one second on the way up to the moutain but she did fall asleep shortly after we left the mountain. But we only drove 30 minutes to dinner so we had to wake her up….and then she didn't sleep the entire drive back home. We couldn't believe it. Even the boys slept on the way home.
All in all, a fun day. And Geoff sacrificed watching the big game (he planned on DVRing but forgot) to ski.






No comments:
Post a Comment