
I remember the boys saying that there were oranges in the stockings. Avery woke up a short time later. She has been ready to open presents for the last two weeks. She has been saying "Santa" and "ho ho ho!"
We started with stockings. Wyatt said "Mommy, all daddy got was socks in his stocking! And peanut butter cups." He was excited to find some sea animals in his stocking or "baby whales".
Geoff fed the dogs and walked Katy on her leash so she won't run. She is looking and feeling great and even managed to sneak a whole loaf of bread on Christmas Eve….
Speaking of Christmas Eve, I was certain this year we wouldn't be rushing to church like last year on Christmas Eve but it happened. We ended up rushing to get pictures (and while we were outside is when Katy and Bear helped themselves to a couple of loaves of bread).
I got ready in about five minutes and remembered that I don't have a hair dryer anymore so I was rushing off to church with soaking wet hair and running late. Again. I need to get my act together in 2014! Geoff left early to save us a seat.
We got home and had dinner before the kids got into their jammies and we watched the last part of Polar Express.
Then Geoff read "The Christmas Story" and "The Night Before Christmas."
Then we opened PRESENTS!
Santa brought Jack the coolest Lego set. A winter village. It has skiers, an igloo, and you should see the house. It even has a tile floor in the kitchen and carpet in the living room in front of a fireplace (that really lights up). I want to play with this Lego set!
The kids really like the balloon set which comes with a little air pump. They pump up the balloons and let them fly.
Playing with the two little Star Wars lego sets.
Wyatt got a remote control helicopter from Santa. So far, Geoff has played with it more than anyone.Avery finally got fed up with her way too long pants (these jammies are size 2 Gymboree) but the pants seemed about a foot too long. So she pulled them off.
They spent the rest of the day and part of the next building the Lego Winter Village.
Merry Christmas to all!!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment