Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...

Christmas is in two DAYS!!!  How, when, how did that happen!?  You know how in movies they show the pages of a calendar off fly off in fast forward motion?  That is how this last six months have been.  I don't know what has changed.  I feel like we JUST put up our Christmas tree but it has been up now for 3 weeks!  I feel like I was just preparing for Halloween and we are days away from the end of year.  We've been staying up later…getting up earlier…and we are still racing the clock it seems.  I am quite behind on posts.  It was (and still is) beginning to look a lot like Christmas when I took these pictures at the beginning of the month.  

Fun things about Christmas for us:
1.  Letters to Santa.
  Part of Jack's letter is hard to see…it says "Dear Santa, please bring 12 reindeer to fly me around the  
  world and one sled and I love you.  love, Jack."
I love these letters.

2.  Decorating the Christmas tree (and let's face it…the kids favorite part is climbing the ladder non-stop.)

3.  Christmas Lights.








    Outdoor lights too!

 4.  Christmas cookies & treats.
I found a recipe for vegan sugar cookies.  They have no eggs or milk.  Safe for everyone!  They tasted like traditional sugar cookies to me.  We made the recipe twice.  The second time we frosted the cookies with a vegan (I know) cream cheese frosting…and we liked those a lot more than the first frosting recipe we tried.

 
 

4.  Christmas decorations.
We know Christmas is coming when the hotel behind our house puts their tree on the rooftop..
Jack is working to put a wooden tree together.
    Avery hugging a singing snowman.

5.  School Christmas program.  The boys' first grade class sang three songs…the last one being a dance number.  It was so cute.  What makes a school Christmas program even better?!
A surprise visit from Santa!


6.  Snow gear…mittens, hats, and boots!
Avery loves this hat…she wears it even inside.

7.  Snow!  Sledding!  
    Avery and Wyatt ready to head out to sled.

 8.  And of course, preparing for the reason for Christmas.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.


No comments: