Thursday, August 8, 2013

Weekend in Portland

We went to Portland so Geoff could run the spartan race (previous post) and so we could visit our friends the S Family and do some exploring.  We had a fun weekend doing fun things with the kids.  Zoo!  Attempting to get a group pic...Avery wasn't having anything to do with it.
 Cool floating sea lion

 Crazy cute cuddling cheetahs.  I mean, seriously.
 Awry baby elephant kept trying to keep the big elephant from napping, she was even crawling over the big elephant.  I could have watched her all day she was adorable.
 Hey boys!
All the girls

Then she crashed at the zoo.  Poor sleepy baby.
 We got to go to a really cute park and splash pad.



 She has pointing down pat.  She also can say "no" quite clearly and "more" which comes out like "MOW oh"
 She was having a big old time.
 I think the boys could have stayed there all day as well.


 She had so much fun with Daddy pushing her on the swing.
We went to Multnomah Falls.  We went the first month we lived in OR but it was in the winter and we thought the kids might want to go again.  Avery was wearing Geoff's headband from the Spartan race and she wasn't taking it off.  

 The kids played in the water afterwards.
 Jen, big Avery and I went over to the "Street of Dreams".  There are nine homes built (million dollar homes) on one street built in different styles by different builders and you can tour the homes.  We only had an hour before we had to leave town but I could have stayed for 3 hours!!  The kitchens, the mudrooms, the laundry rooms were insane.  I only got a few pics before my phone died.  I though this bathroom was really unique:
 This was literally one corner of a mudroom, that also had a built in desk, and more storage areas right off the garage.

 This was a media room in one of the homes.  Wow.


 A few of the homes are custom built, some are already sold, and the rest are for sale.  They even sell some of the staging furniture in them too.
Final pic of Avery trying to sneak her way into the back seat with the boys.  :)
Wishing my dad and Papap a very Happy Birthday!!!!!

No comments: