Doesn't this look fun?!
Or this?! I love barbed wire.
How about lugging 30 lbs uphill? And back down? Followed by crawling straight uphill in the mud for 30 yards under more barbed wire? 

Kind of like basic training huh? Without all of the yelling. Geoff joined our friend Brick to run this Spartan Race in Washington. Here is a pic of Geoff exiting a huge slide into the mud. The race is a 5K with obstacles.
Brick's wife Jen, all the kids and I were sitting at this rope climbing obstacle and we were able to stop them mid-race for a pic. Geoff is crazy muddy because he had just lost his watch under the muddy water and went underwater to get it. I would have left the watch. No way would I have put my head under that water. But he found his watch.
There are even volunteers at the finish line ready to whack you with a pugil stick. (I googled that)Brick's son said "all you got when you were done was a medal and a banana?" Excellent question. They also got a shirt and a beer.
Geoff is now ready for American Ninja Warrior.





No comments:
Post a Comment