Have you ever heard the Trace Adkins song "You're Gonna Miss This?"
Five years later there's a plumberWorkin' on the water heaterDog's barkin', phone's ringin'One kid's cryin' and one kid's screamin'And she keeps apologizin'
He says, “They don't bother meI've got two babies of my ownOne's thirty-six, one's twenty-three”Huh, it's hard to believe
But you're gonna miss thisYou're gonna want this backYou're gonna wish these daysHadn't gone by so fast
These are some good timesSo take a good look aroundYou may not know it nowBut you're gonna miss this
He says, “They don't bother meI've got two babies of my ownOne's thirty-six, one's twenty-three”Huh, it's hard to believe
But you're gonna miss thisYou're gonna want this backYou're gonna wish these daysHadn't gone by so fast
These are some good timesSo take a good look aroundYou may not know it nowBut you're gonna miss this
If there is one thing I have heard as a mom more than anything else is to enjoy my kids because "it goes by so fast."
We spent this weekend enjoying the weather while prepping for summer...Geoff exchanged two old and broken bikes he had for a brand new bike. He got new tires for the chariot. He fixed my jogging stroller tire.
Wyatt is so proud of his new bike...he wanted me to take a picture of him on it. It was a gift from Papap and Grandma. He says "I love my new bike!" all the time. Jack wasn't quite ready to let go of his smaller bike yet so Wyatt generously offered to let Jack have his old one (when we bought their first bikes W's was a size bigger than the one J bought). W is not one to pass up on a good opportunity when he sees it.
Jack taking a break on our ride.
The whole crew.
Here is Avery soaking it all in yesterday first thing. I love the joy she has in everything...as if she is saying "I have arrived!" or "What new things are we going to do today?"


1 comment:
I love that song :) I love all the pictures too.
Post a Comment