Thursday, April 4, 2013

Drop-Off

The bell rings at school at 8:15.  It took seven months for the boys to fully adjust to school.  They still have ups and downs especially returning after time off or long weekends but they look forward to seeing their friends now.  They love lunch and recess.  The biggest difference I have seen in the last few months is in the morning drop-off.  Probably in January or February, Wyatt started hopping out of the van and just walking toward the school - ahead of Jack, Avery and I.  He notices (and has pointed out to Jack) that most of the other kids are "dropped off."  Jack wants me to walk them in all the way to their classroom.  Which I do everyday--they are in only in kindergarten and I know as they get older they may not even want to be spotted with me so I will take it while I can.  Wyatt kind of walks in front of us...and Jack (until about a month ago) would proudly hold my hand all the way to class.

In the van this morning:
W:  "Why don't you want mommy to pull up and we get out and go in?   Are you afraid you will get tooken by a big kid?"
J:  "No!  I am afraid I will miss our class...get lost in the big kids...and that I will miss YOU."

I turned on my video so I could record more on my phone while they were putting on their coats in the car.
W:  "Mommy, why does Jack everytime like going inside?  Because he thinks he'll might get lost and  never make it back to the class that's why."
J:  "Yeah because I....because I....
W:  "I never get lost bc if I get lost I'll just head straight back down the stairs and find Rylan because he everytime stays by the stairs when I see him.  If we are in the line know what we'll happen we'll not get to see Rylan."
J:  "Because our class goes before Rylan"

I will have to ask them who Rylan is after school...I have never heard them mention him before.

I thought it was so sweet to hear Jack say he didn't want to miss Wyatt (lose Wyatt).


No comments: