Thursday, December 13, 2012

Let's go Cut a Tree...

I love getting our Christmas tree!  This year was fun but the rain (RAIN!) was a bit of a challenge.  I only managed to get a couple of pictures before I started to worry about my camera.  It was getting soaked.  Here is a pic of Avery and I with our hooded friend Kathryn!  We met Kathryn and her husband Jay in Okinawa 11 years ago! 
My new friend Kristen and her daughter...who moved here from Okinawa this past summer.
Pic with Carrie, Kathryn (w/o the hood) and the babies!  OK, the rain was getting worse...time to get a tree.
 The guys fueling up on hamburgers and hot dogs before heading into the woods.  
After a nice walk on the trail, Geoff and our friend Dave left the trail while Carrie and I jumped ship with the kids.  After what seemed like a long time...Geoff arrived with a winner!
I really wanted a family pic by the tree but again...the rain, the cold, and not to mention the kids didn't even want to get out of the van.  It didn't matter, by the time I even thought about grabbing the camera, Geoff had already taken walked the tree to our friend's truck to load it up.  I did get a quick pic with him holding a tape measure.  He borrowed it and the thought of a tape measure in the woods just seems silly but we are glad someone brought one!  Although it is kind of late to check after we cut down the tree.  :) The tree was a biggie, Geoff had to take some inches off the bottom.
 Just like last year, the boys were passed out on the drive home and for awhile after....Merry Christmas!

No comments: