Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Merry Little Christmas

Our favorite memories from Christmas Eve and Christmas day:
Going to Christmas Eve service.  (I love the boys in these sweaters.)

 I woke Avery from her nap and threw on her dress and coat.  Geoff and the boys had already left for church to save seats.  I am so surprised she just stood there and let me take some pictures.
What's this?  A purse?  Hmmm I see a giraffe, and a crayon...
I took a couple of pics and then remembered her hat!
Celebrating the birth of Jesus.  Remembering the reason for Christmas.  
 
Christmas-Eve panini-eating.
Christmas Eve stories.  Jack reminded us all day that he wanted to sit by the fire, drink hot chocolate, and read the rest of our Christmas books on Christmas Eve.
Don't be fooled.  Avery sat there for about 12.5 seconds before she scrambled away.   The truth of it is Geoff had his work cut out for him.  Wyatt was jumping all around.  Avery was jumping all around...and he was trying to finish the story.  :)
Christmas morning.  "Santa CAME."  Wyatt woke us up saying these sweet words. 
Early Christmas morning cinnamon roll-eating (waiting for A to wake up).   Happy Birthday Jesus!!
She's awake!
Present-opening:
Katy waiting for her Christmas treats.
And Bear...waiting for her turn.
 Uncle PJ got them the remote-control helicopter that they have been asking for for two + years.
Playing with the presents!
Although you can't see what they are looking at...I bet you can guess...the helicopter!
Reaching for the helicopter:
Avery is not interested in pushing around any babies.  She yanks the dolls out and climbs in.  
 
 
Geoff and the boys built some fancy structures with the keva blocks from Grammy and Grandpa.
 
 A white Christmas.  We were thrilled to have snow on Christmas this year!  Not just snow on the ground but it snowed on Christmas day.   Wyatt is ready to go play in it!  

Well this doesn't look good.....
Merry Christmas everyone!

6 comments:

Lisa G said...

lovely memories and photos! the baby carriage and keva blocks look so cool. and your island seems to be working out great. did geoff build that? i know you said it was a surprise, but was wondering how that all went down.

Lisa G said...

oh, and your blogger header photo...beautiful!

AFJ said...

Thanks Lisa! The island is working out! I found a pic on pinterest I liked and Geoff had our friend build it. It just slides up to our existing island and doesn't block the cabinets underneath. I have noticed that anyone who stops by immediately goes there and sits down. The way our great room is...there is a big open space in the middle and I always felt like guests would arrive and not know where to go. Now we have a "landing" spot. :)

Alexis said...

Awesome pics Andrea!

Leslie said...

Merry Christmas! I felt like I was right there with you! The kids are so adorable. I especially enjoyed the helicopter pics...reminded me of the Christmas helicopter tradition that Paul and Michael have started with each other!

AFJ said...

Leslie, what is your helicopter tradition?