Monday, February 27, 2012

Updates

Our switch to the mac world definitely has a learning curve!  I am not certain where my pictures are being stored so when I try to attach pictures to this blog;  blogger cannot find them.  I am also waiting for some editing software to arrive.  I don't want to upload the 600 pictures from my camera until it arrives.  I have had so many blog ideas swirling around in my brain to post but don't want to do the post without the pictures!

So, I guess I will talk about the new recipes we tried in February.  We tried a new:

-green smoothie recipe
-cookie recipe
-chicken marsala recipe
-spaghetti, homemade sauce and turkey meatball recipe
-tortilla soup recipe
-green chicken chili recipe

The green smoothie recipe is our favorite right now...it is just water, spinach, frozen strawberries, a frozen banana, ice and stevia.

The cookie recipe had oats, maple syrup, c-chips, salt, butter, and vanilla extract.  The dough was great but the cookies were a little dry.  It needs tweaking.

I found the chicken marsala recipe on pinterest and we have made it twice this month.  We doubled the sauce and mushrooms for the second time - it is a keeper. Recipe linked below:
http://savorysweetlife.com/2010/03/chicken-marsala/

Loved the spaghetti and meatballs recipe by Ellie Krieger on the Food Network.  I made the sauce but left out the spicy ingredients and used regular tomatoes over fire roasted.  I also made some changes in the herbs/spices for the meatballs based on what we had and it turned out great.  Recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/turkey-meatballs-with-quick-and-spicy-tomato-sauce-and-whole-wheat-spaghetti-recipe/index.html

The tortilla soup recipe was from "blendtec" but was a disaster since I added a homemade taco seasoning that Geoff had made and didn't realize it was so spicy.

And another mess-up with the chili recipe.  The recipe called for mild diced green chilis and I didn't realize that the ones we had were "fire-roasted" (I don't like the flavor personally) until after I put them in and the taste overpowered the recipe.  So we will have to do a do-over on that one.  Here is the recipe link:
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2010/02/recipe-for-amys-amazing-white-chicken.html#more

No comments: