Friday, September 16, 2011

A Little of This...A Little of That

Is September really already half over?! I am in that giddy-excited-it-feels-like-it-is-almost-Christmas-stage awaiting baby to arrive. I love that she is arriving at the end of September. If baby arrives as scheduled, we will kick off fall with two huge events...her arrival and Geoff's (hence Uncle Matt's) birthday. Which then leads in to October and fall and the start of all the fun holidays. We have so much to look forward to!
Last weekend my friend Christina drove down from Bend to host a shower for me. The weather was beautiful so we ate outside and just enjoyed relaxing and visiting with each other. It was really nice. 36-week pic before the shower:


They "showered" me with such great goodies that I know the baby will love.



Thanks so much lovely ladies!

I am 37 weeks today and feeling great...I just can't eat very much because there is just no room. I had an appointment yesterday and the OB was only getting a bad echo-sound while trying to find the heart beat. She was listening low on my belly. Then she started to feel around to see what position the baby was in and said "hey, since we happen to be in the ultrasound room, let's take a peek." And sure enough, baby has been doing somersaults and is now breech like both the boys were. So the big hard bump up high on my belly is her head...sitting right under my ribs.

As for projects, we are making progress on her room but we still have lots to do. Mostly just getting all of our stuff out of the walk-in closet of that room and finding a new home for it. So our hallway is just full of stuff in transition. The crib is together, we have some frames on the wall and the furniture is in place. Now we need to hang the mobile, get window treatments, and find something else for the walls...there is more wall space than I realized in there. Here are some progress pics.

The after-painting but before cleaning out the room before picture:

Getting better:

The boys wanted to help change the light fixture:



And they each really wanted a turn in the crib. They are infatuated with getting in the crib (I think it is because of the super-soft crib sheet). They had the same crib sheet but in blue so maybe it is bringing back memories.

W in the crib:


J in the crib:



The boys resumed preschool right after Labor Day and the transition from summer to school was awesome. I wasn't sure if they would have trouble adjusting back to a "schedule" but thank goodness they didn't. They are returning to the same school with the same teacher but going four days a week instead of three. We lost most of their schoolmates from last year to kindergarten and other reasons so right now they are in a class of four total! Hoping the class will continue to grow because they are getting pampered right now with all the attention. W and the teacher made an awesome shark yesterday that is a whole length of a table. He painted it and everything. It will be fun to hang that in their room when it is done. Here is J and W before the first day:

More to come!

2 comments:

Amber said...

So fun! You are getting so close. Can't wait to see the finished nursery!!!

Melissa said...

The room looks pretty! I like the blue furniture and the frames. So pretty and chic. :)